Eligibility and Name Selection
Who is eligible to register a .travel name?
Any business, organization or individual who is a significant participant within one of twenty-one business sectors of the travel industry is eligible to register a name.
- Attractions/Theme Parks
- Bed & Breakfast Houses
- Bus/Taxi/Limousine Operators
- Camp Facility Operators
- Vehicle Rental Companies/Airport Specialty Car Park Companies
- Computer Reservation/Travel Technology Providers
- Convention & Visitor’s Bureaus
- Cruise Lines
- National Tourism Offices
- Passenger Rail Lines
- Tour Operators
- Travel Agents
- Travel Media
- Travel-Consumer and Market Research Organizations
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Training Institutes
- Suppliers of goods or services to the eligible industry participants set out in these defined sectors
Can I register any name I want?
Yes, once anthenticated, you may register any valid name that you want as long as that domain name has not been licensed already. Please be advised that you will be required to demonstrate proof of a working website doing travel related business using your chosen .travel domain name(s) within 60 days of licensing.